HABC Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) (QCF)
(Subject to having enough registrations to run. You need to book on or register now with your details, as soon as we have 4 delegates the course will be 100% confirmed)
£299 inc vat
To book onto this course, fill in your name and number and pay for your course using the button below:-
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a licence.
The HABC Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA ‘Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for CCTV Control Room Operators (PSS)’ and provides the necessary skills and knowledge for those who wish to apply for an SIA licence and work as a CCTV Operative.
The qualification comprises 3 mandatory units:
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry Unit 2 – Working as a CCTV Operator Unit 3 – Practical operation of CCTV equipment
This qualification can enable the learner to progress onto the NVQ in Providing Security Services or undertake further learning in other areas of the private security industry such as Security Guarding or Door Supervision.
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
- 25-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 18 out of 25
- Examination duration – 40 minutes
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 10 hours
Unit 2 – Working as a CCTV Operator
- 40-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40
- Examination duration – 1 hour
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 22 hours
Unit 3 – Practical operation of CCTV equipment
- Ongoing practical assessment throughout the course by the tutor
The minimum contact hours for this qualifications are 27 hours of the required 32 guided learning hours.