Corvus Stewards are the ideal compliment to an SIA Licensed team which we provide to all the events we work on. Stewards are able to undertake roles of customer service and assist in emergency situations.
They are often the first person your customer will meet and the last they will see as they leave the event so are selected for their willingness to help and often a personal interest and enthusiasm in the types of events we are working.
Corvus Stewards, once through our in house training and induction are placed on training towards either the Level 2 National Vocational Qualification in Spectator Safety or the Level 2 Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events (USSE).
Some of the tasks stewards will undertake are:-
- Meet and greet your customers
- To monitor the queues for signs of distress or overcrowding.
- To prevent congestion at the stage access areas.
- To carry out checks on tickets, wristbands or passes and to direct people to correct location.
- Monitor audience for surges.
- Monitor audience for distress.
- Monitor audience density.
- Monitor crowd for collapses.
- Monitor “crowd surfing” and implement venue policy.
- Assist in extracting persons in need of medical attention.
- Assist in extracting persons not complying with health and safety guidelines.
- Monitor for confrontational situations or unruly behaviour at the access control points and report these situations to the response team.
- To keep ingress and egress points clear of people.
- Assist in maintaining clear access points for emergency services.
[Stewards cannot vet the suitability of entrants nor can they refuse access or eject customers, these roles are undertaken by SIA Licensed Operatives or TX Units]